Deploying SurePassID Windows Credential Provider
Deploying Credential Provider
You have several options in deploying Credential Provider.
The first thing you should do is install the credential provider on a test machine, get everything configured to your requirements and verify it is working properly.
Preferably, the first install will be on a virtual machine with the target operating system. If using a virtual machine, take a snapshot of the operating system prior
to installing. If something goes wrong, you can revert back to the clean operating system and start again.
The following list is in the least to most desirable deployment options:
- Manual - Install the system on each user’s computer and manually set the configuration settings.
- Export/Import - Configure a single Windows system (on a VM) as the gold standard and then easily replicate to all other machines in thenetwork by exporting the settings to a file that is on a shared drive. When you install the credential provider on a Windows machine, you then import the gold standard settings from the export file located on a shared drive.
- System Image Burn - Install and configure the system in the same manner as the Export/Import method except that you install the credential provider onto your user system image; the one that is used to stage all new Windows machines. In this way, the credential provider will be set-up by default on each new user’s machine.
- System Image Burn Copy – Copy the required executable files, install registry entries onto your user system image - the one that is used to stage all new Windows machines. In this way, the credential provider will be set-up by default on each user’s machine.
- Silent Install & Microsoft SCCM – Use the same technique as Export/Import method describe previously to create you gold standard settings file and place that file on a shared network path that is accessible to all of your users, run the SP installer silently using the settings file.
- The command line syntax to do this is as follows (the command is case sensitive): <sp_installer_exe> /quiet IMPORT_PATH=<import settings path> PASSCODE=<file_passcode>
The above is from page 31 as of 2/2/2018.