SurePassID Return Merchandise Authorization (RMA) Procedures
This document provides our customers with an RMA Request Form and the procedures to follow for returning hardware tokens under warranty.
Customers who have made SurePassID direct purchases (not purchased through Amazon and not purchased from authorized SurePassID resellers) of SurePassID hardware tokens, including but not limited to, SurePassID OTP Display Cards, SurePassID OneCard Converged Credentials, SurePassID Time (TOTP) or Event (HOTP) Keyfobs, and SurePassID TapID(tm) Treo 3-in-1 FIDO U2F/OATH OTP Mini Keyfobs, may submit an RMA request using the following procedures:
- Download and fill out the RMA Request Form referenced in this article. (see attachments at the top of the page)
- Fax it back to the number provided on the form.
- You will receive an RMA reference number to authorize the physical return of the suspected defective hard token.
- Send the defective token to the address provided in the RMA form. Make sure to include a copy of the completed RMA form and please reference the RMA number on the package labels.
- When we receive the defective token, an analysis will be conducted to make sure the token is indeed defective and under warranty.
- If we have a replacement token (or tokens) in stock, a new unit will be sent to the customer indicated on the form. If we do not have the same unit in stock, a credit will be issued to your account.
- When you receive the replacement token(s), it will include the seed value for single unit shipments. For multi-unit replacements, a seed file will be sent securely via two separate channels - one for the encrypted file and a separate channel containing the password for that file. If you have a SurePassID Cloud Authentication Service account, the seeds for the replacement tokens will automatically be uploaded into your account and a notification will be sent to the RMA customer contact person.
If you have any questions regarding these procedures, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will do our best to get you the answers you need as quickly as possible.
Thank you for trusting your authentication needs to SurePassID!